If you like zucchini bread, and also muffins, then you are in luck. These zucchini bread muffins are portion controlled in their perfect cute muffin liners, making it fun to serve or take them along as a portable snack. Bonus: toddlers love choosing what "color muffin" they want, and it's easy for them to peel away the wrapper.
Zucchini is the best because it's
easy to grow
great in savory or sweet dishes
and is amazing in these muffins!
These my fave muffin liners but I also recommend these kitchen tools and accessories (not only if you have kids). These are some of my favorite items for a fun and healthy kitchen!
Cake Pop Maker. You can make so many of my allergen-free treats into little "pops", which will make little and big kids delighted to enjoy cake pop snacks!
Kitchen Scale. I use this for everything, both in and out of the kitchen. Not only is it a cute color, it's one of the most useful things you can have for cooking, baking, mailing packages and more!
Donut Pan. Bake healthy donuts without oil and to avoid fried food. Everything is more shaped like a donut! The silicone versions make it way easier to get them out of the pan too.
Kitchen timer. This baby radish timer is adorable! It's fantastic for cooking but also setting time for time-outs (ha), games and to play with, according to Blair.
Zucchini Bread Muffins
2 TBSP chia seeds + 6 TBSP water
1/2 cup applesauce
1/3 cup olive or avocado oil
1 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp maple extract
1 cup gluten-free flour
1 cup gluten-free oat flour
1 cup gluten-free oats
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 heaping cup zucchini, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 375 and line muffin tin with colorful parchment paper liners.
2. Prepare chia "eggs" by whisking chia seeds with water and letting sit to gel and thicken for 5 minutes.
3. Mix wet ingredients into the chia mixture.
4. Fold in dry ingredients, then add shredded zucchini last. (Be sure to press the shredded zucchini with a paper towel first so it's not too wet).
5. Bake for 18-24 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
This will keep at room temp for several days.