Yellow Cake Donuts & Bean Brownies
You're in luck: this post is a two-fer. Two free amazing recipes in one post, with plant-based recipes only and very few words. (Basically what I look for in a food blog, ha).
These yellow donuts aka. Amazing Recipe One taste like traditional yellow birthday cake, but are actually amazing for you and not loaded with sugar. If you know my blog, you know there's no way there's dye in here, and you're correct. The yellow hue is from the anti-inflammatory and nutritious turmeric root powder (life hack: you should be sprinkling organic turmeric into almost everything for joint and skin health).
Yellow Cake Donuts
Yields 12 Donuts
1-1/4 cup almond milk
1-1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup + 1 TBSP Better Body Foods organic coconut sugar
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 TBSP tapioca flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp turmeric (or up to 1 tsp for stronger color)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 12-donut baking pan with avocado or coconut oil.
2. Whisk almond milk with apple cider vinegar. Once set and curdled for a few minutes, whisk in all wet ingredients including coconut sugar. (1/4 cup for less sweet, or add 1-2 TBSP coconut sugar for a sweeter taste).
3. Fold in all the dry ingredients.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
5. Let cool on a wire rack.
6. Once cooled, glaze with your fave frosting. I glazed these with raw organic Pearl Butter Beauty Butter for a beautiful hue and nutritional boost.
And now for Number Two. I know, there's more?!?
Basic Bean Brownies
Yields 9 big pieces
These are called basic brownies because they are easy and simple, not because they are baaasic, if ya know what I mean.
1 can salt-free black beans, rinsed and drained
2 TBSP cacao powder
1/2 cup gluten-free oats
sprinkle of sea salt
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 TBSP coconut sugar (optional)
4TBSP coconut oil, melted
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup nondairy chocolate chips (plus extra for top if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 350F, and line an 8" square pan with parchment paper.
2. Puree all ingredients in the food processor, then smooth into the pan.
3. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and hemp seeds if desired, and bake for 18-22 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 min to firm up before slicing and serving. Store leftovers in the fridge.