Crepes & SAHM Money Hacks
Gahh the SAHM acronym. Hate it or embrace it, it's what most people call moms who stay at home (although we don't really stay at home, do we?)
We go to the grocery store, doctors appointments, errands, hardware store, dry cleaners, park, play dates, gymnastics classes, park again, walks, cook meals; all with a kid or two. (And though it seems like a walk in said park, we all know it's not). Ever try to get two 2 year olds to hold your hand and walk with you to the car when they suddenly lay on the side walk throwing identical tantrums, refusing to walk and making their bodies limp ensuring you physically cannot carry both? Ha. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Anyway, back to the point of this blog. In addition to my vegan crepe creations, I have some hacks for you to make a little extra money and it's not as a MLM seller of products to your friends (no more "party" invites, puh-lease!) Oh, and you don't have to be a SAHM. Bloggers, college students, part-time workers; anyone looking to make a little extra cash, or cash back on what you're already buying! Signing up through these links may give you and me a bonus, so please click the links to enroll! Nothing shady, I swear.
Scroll on down to my vegan crepe recipe if you're thinking, mmm, no thanks, or I already make enough money, thankyouverymuch.
1. Through Heartbeat. It's a new platform that pays you to promote stuff on social media. You can control what company sends you what products for free, and most of them pay you through PayPal too to do something as simple as mentioning them on Instagram. It's legit, gets you a range of easy cash, and lets you have free products you're actually interested in. You can sign up with Amazon, Instagram, email or all three.
2. Ebates. Well, this one you kinda have to spend money in order to make some, but it's getting money back for you from things you buy anyway. You typically get anywhere from 1% to 20% of your online purchases back, sent as a check or to PayPal. If you ever shop online, even through sites like Amazon or Walmart, you can get a lot of cash back in addition to any sale/deals they have going.
3. Amazon. It's how I make my pittance as a blogger; whenever people click my product links and shop on Amazon (even if they don't buy the exact product I linked to), I get a little money. If you have a blog or website, sign up as an Amazon Associate AND an Amazon Influencer to make a little extra cash just by linking to your Affiliate site. The Influencer part lets you build a profile and your recommended items such as seen here:
4. Fit Approach. For me this one has been hit and miss, but I do get the occasional workout gear and $100, so it's been worth it, it's just not consistent for me If you have a huge social media following though, you may be eligible for more. It helps to be interested in fitness, but you don't have to be. Just sign up, create a profile and keep an eye on the campaigns that come along and apply!
OK now that you have an easy way to make extra money, pick up some gluten-free flour, pull out your nonstick pan and in a blender or just with a bowl and a whisk, mix this:
Vegan Crepes (Soy-free, Nut-free, Gluten-free)
Yields 6-7 thin crepes
1/4 cup gluten-free flour
1/4 cup sorghum flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour or potato starch
1-1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
optional: vegan organic hazelnut spread and fruit!
1. In a blender, whir all ingredients until smooth.
2. Heat your pan over medium heat, and pour 3-4 TBSP worth of batter into the center. Swirl around the pan to make a thin circle.
3. Cook 2 min or until set, flip and cook another 1-2 minutes.
4. Serve with berries, plain, applesauce or with organic hazelnut spread and strawberries and bananas for a real treat!