You all must know by now I LOVE creating unique, delicious and nourishing snacks. There are times, though, when I'm too busy to make my own (twin mom life, duh). Those times, I grab one of these snacks. I have a pretty rocking list of vegan protein bars that are top-notch for vegan athletes, but sometimes you just want a light crunchy snack like these toddler-friendly on-the-go items:
1. Artisan Tropic Plantain Strips: These are light, flavorful and not oily or with any funky additions. Plus, it's a small family owned business, which I love to support. The cinnamon flavor is AMAZING and my twins love it.
Keep an eye on my Instagram page next week: there's a big giveaway coming soon for you to enter to win your own assortment of plantain chips!
2. Love Corn Crunchy Snacks: Alas, I'm too sensitive to corn to enjoy these, but most adults and kids love them. Remember junky Corn Nuts? It's like that but better, tastier and healthier for you. Stock up for school lunches with this variety pack.
3. Vegan Rob's Variety Pack: These should probably be #1. They are AMAZING, crispy and crunchy in flavors like Jackfruit, Beet and Cauliflower. How do they do it?? I don't know, but I'm going to keep noshing on them like they are being discontinued. (They better not be!! Stock up on this variety pack for way less than grocery store prices here).
4. Rhythm Superfoods Kale Chips: These are crispy, nutritious and a great alternative to potato chips. Yes, you an make your own kale chips, but it's time consuming and lots of cleanup is usually involved, so these are a good alternative when you're crunched (pun intended) on time. Get this variety pack here to try them all!
5. The Real Coconut Chips: These are initially a little different, but tasty alone or even more so with a healthy hummus or avocado spread. I like the almost bland but still flavorful crisp coconut-ty taste and texture, which lends perfectly to a crumbled topping or dipping chip. Use this link for 25% off your first Thrive order!
6. World Peas Snacks: These are so good and crunchy, and comes in several yummy flavors. Thrive Market carries most of the flavors at the best price, though they can be found in some natural grocery stores as well.