Want a creative and raw vegan healthy treat this Thanksgiving? Look no farther! It takes 10 min or less to prepare and the taste is oh so creamy and delicious. Move over, pumpkin pie!
Look no farther if you're looking for a gift for a fit foodie in your life! Here are 5 Top Picks under $90 for that health nut that loves to cook...even if it's you!
1. Healthy Soft-Serve Maker. Make soft-serve ice cream (or "nice cream") from fruit and veggies,
2. Instant Pot. This thing is such a time-saver, and is many devices in one. Slow cooker, rice steamer, even yogurt maker (!) It drastically cuts down on meal prep time and cooks your recipes perfectly.
3. Inspiralized. If you don't have a spiralizer yet, get on it! Easily change zucchinis and carrots into noodles with with the handy device, and use this cookbook to quickly prepare hearty veggie dishes.
4. Silicone Donut Pans. Bake gluten-free vegan donuts for a healthier version of traditional fried pastry. These silicone donut pans are a cinch to clean and super easy to remove the donuts unlike traditional pans.
5. Self-Watering Herb Garden. Get fresh herbs for weeks with this handy self-watering garden. It comes in a bunch of different color options and is super easy to grow!
Now that you have your holiday gifts checked off, get going with your easy raw vegan recipe of Pitaya Bars:
Yields 6-8 Large Bars
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup dates, pitted
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1-1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1 packet frozen Pitaya, thawed
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1. Puree the crust ingredients until dough is formed and press into a parchment paper-lined loaf pan or 8" square pan. Freeze for 10 min as you prepare the filling.
2. Place the thawed pitaya (found at most natural food stores in the frozen food area) in a measuring cup and add filtered water or coconut milk until the 1 cup mark is reached. Food process all ingredients for the filling until creamy. Spread over cookie crust and sprinkle on additional hemp seeds, and freeze until set (about 1-2 hours). Cut and serve or keep stored in the freezer.