Best-Ever Pumpkin Gingerbread
Since my twin girls arrived before Christmas almost 3 years ago (!), this has been my go-to holiday treat. It's fast and easy and keeps for several days, making it a good option to serve to guests over the holidays ahead, or just to have on hand while you sit by the fire with your hot cocoa. I love pumpkin-everything this time of year, and the spicy flavors of gingerbread combined with the pumpkin lends it perfectly to winter months and more lovely holiday time ahead.
If you're looking for a great quick-bread to bring or serve at Thanksgiving, this is my favorite and I cannot recommend it enough. I must warn you though, it is also highly addicting, and you won't be able to just eat one piece! It's not too sweet yet flavorful and light, and the texture is absolutely perfect. Best of all, it is gluten-free and dairy-free with a vegan option of course-- and you cannot tell at all!
This luscious pumpkin-packed gingerbread is a foolproof way to impress family and friends over the holiday season. I'd love to hear what your favorite holiday treat is! Comment below (after you whip up this!)
If you're a gingerbread lover too BTW, check out my favorite gingerbread-themed gifts. Pair my mini pumpkin gingerbread loaves with one of these for the perfect holiday present! Only the Grinch wouldn't love these:
1. Gingerbread Ninja Decorating Set: these little guys ate totes adorbs, and a great family activity for toddlers to adults. Have fun with this gift!
2. Step 2 Kids' Gingerbread House: This large toy set contains a gingerbread house, gingerbread man that can go inside and accessories. Perfect for babies to toddlers! (Plus it's under $35).
3. Jan Brett's Gingerbread Friends: This is another gift for kids but adults will love reading it to them! Jan Brett's detailed illustrations are pure magic.
4. Gingerbread Lip Balm: This spicy sweet organic balm is perfect, and will last way longer than my pumpkin gingerbread! (P.S. it's a perfect stocking stuffer too).
5. Gingerbread Ornaments: Personalize an ornament by scrawling your friend's name in Sharpie on it, and pair with a wrapped gingerbread. It's the perfect customized gift!
Pumpkin Gingerbread with Crumb Topping
Yields 4 mini loaves or 1 large loaf
1 cup pumpkin puree
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/3 cup + 2 TBSP coconut sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg or chia "egg" (1 TBSP chia seeds + 3 TBSP water)
1 cup finely ground gluten-free oats
2/3 cup Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
1-1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1/8 teaspoon allspice
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup Gluten-Free Oats
3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
3 tablespoons Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1-1/2 tablespoon coconut oil (not soft)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Line 4 mini pans or one large loaf pan with parchment paper and spritz with olive or coconut oil.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a medium bowl or mixer combine pumpkin, maple, sugar of choice, coconut oil, molasses, egg or egg substitute.
4. Stir in oat flour (or finely ground oats), flour, baking soda and powder, spices and salt. Divide into pans.
5. In a small bowl mix oats, seeds, maple, solid oil and cinnamon and divide on top of batters.
6. Bake for 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack 5-10 minutes, de-pan slice and serve! Great warm and fresh but keeps well in an airtight container too.
This pairs perfectly with your holiday beverage of choice and makes your whole house smell heavenly to boot! Try it with a chai tea or almond milk latte. What traditional holiday recipe would you like to see gluten-free, vegan and allergen-free? I'll invent the recipe for you!