Double Ginger Cookies
Fresh ginger and candied ginger allow for an amazing combination of gingers in this perfectly-textured holiday cookie. Ginger is my favorite spice, and if you love a good ginger cookie too, you have got to make these. Trust.
What do you have ahead this holiday season? Holiday parties? A cookie exchange party? Relatives visiting? These cookies are the answer!
My family helped taste-test my ginger cookie variations, and this was the ultimate winner. They include the freshest ginger ever; the root was pulled out from the garden, scrubbed, grated and tossed in the batter, and the result was incredible!
Fresh Ginger Cookies
1-1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour*
1/3 cup molasses
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
2 eggs or vegan egg replacement
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp pumpkin spice
¼ cup chopped crystallized ginger (optional)
* This is the gluten-free flour I used, and is only 3lbs for $7.99
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line a cookie sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
2. Whisk molasses, oil, vegan or regular eggs, vanilla and fresh ginger.
3. Stir in all other ingredients, adding the crystallized ginger last.
4. Divide into 18-20 cookies spaced out on a cookie tray lined with a silicone mat and bake for 8-12 minutes and let cool on a wire rack.