Paleo Almond Cloud Cookies: 2 Ways
These are close to my sugar-free cloud cookies but with an extra almondy-twist for the almond butter version and a dash of maple. The chocolate chip option is for those with more of a sweet tooth, but either way you can't go wrong. These fluffy cookies have a perfect texture.
Best of all, they are easy and fast to make. Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is! For the best prices and places to get these ingredients, check out my Shop Page (hint: fine almond flour is a must-have for grain-free and vegan baking!)
Almond Butter Version:
Almond Cloud Cookies
2 cups fine almond flour (MUST be fine for the ideal texture!)
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of sea salt
1 egg or chia or flax "egg"
2 TBSP coconut oil, melted
2 TBSP pure maple syrup
3/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/3 cup nondairy chocolate bar, chopped fine
creamy almond butter, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line two cookie sheets with a silpat baking mat.
2. Whisk all dry ingredients; set aside.
3. Melt coconut oil in a medium bowl and whisk in remaining wet ingredients.
4. Stir in chocolate chips if desired, and divide into cookies spaced out on a cookie sheet lined with a silicone baking mat. If making the almond butter version, indent a hole with your fingers to swirl in the almond butter after they are baked.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes, and let cool on a wire rack. For the almond butter version, add in a swirl of almond butter while they are warm and let cool.
Chocolate Chip Version: