This week marked the first week my tendon didn't hurt while running (HURRAH!) so celebrating with a lil' something special sounded like the perfect idea. Running, family and friend time and decadent protein-packed "donut holes" made for a perfect end to the weekend, as I start up again on my marathon training.
Speaking of marathon training, if you skip the coating, these work well for long run nourishment, and are a great vegan protein source. I may have to remake these after next Sunday's 8-10 miles. Or say, just for breakfast. If these nuggets sound familiar, it's because they are similar to my original Vegan Donut Holes; these just have a chocolate spin ;)
In addition to these yummy treats, scroll down for my top 5 pick of Valentine's Day Giveaways! Win some vegan Valentine treats/items for you or a loved one...and enjoy your day of luuuv
Chocolate Vegan Donut Holes
Yields 2 dozen
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup vanilla or chocolate vegan protein powder*
1/2 cup gluten-free oats
16 Medjool dates
2 TBSP cacao powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2-3 TBSP water
"Chocolate Coating* (optional)
3 TBSP melted coconut oil
2 tsp pure maple syrup
2 tsp cacao powder
1. In a food processor, combine all the ingredients, adding water last and adding just enough until the mixture comes together into a dough.
2. Roll into 24 balls and chill on a silicone mat-lined cookie sheet in the freezer for 15-20 min.
3. Melt the coconut oil and stir in syrup and cacao. Roll each ball in the mixture, and chill for a few minutes. Repeat a couple times for a thicker sweeter coating. It's also delicious without the coating though not as
1. Rau Chocolate and vegan cookie dough giveaway. You can enter to win it HERE
2. Weego Red & White Seersucker TWIN Baby Carrier. Click here for info on how to enter to win this quality baby carrier for you or a friend!
3. Califia Farms Fiveaway. Click here to enter to A YEAR of dairy-free yumminess!
4. 100% Pure Beauty. Click here for info on how to win a load of vegan and cruelty-free beauty products!
5. Organic Chocolate Giveaway. Click here for info on winning a bunch of vegan chocolate products and organic chocolate treats!
Good luck! Let me know if you love this vegan giveaway list (I know I sure do) and I'll be sure to compile another one for my fave holiday: St. Patrick's Day!