This cake melts in your mouth. It's fluffy and spongy, light and EASY to make. From birthdays, to guests coming over, to a regular old Thursday night, this is an easy treat to make without feeling like you're throwing in the towel on a healthy diet.
I've linked to the products I use because of their great price, I get a few cents, and because it will turn out exactly like my recipe if you use this gluten-free flour, etc. Use other substitutions at your own risk! ;)
Also, it's called naked cake because (quite obviously probably) it is not frosted all the way. Naked Cake is basically a way of a saying fast and easily-frosted cake with minimal frosting.
Pair with a simple white cake stand for the optimal naked cake aesthetic! Store at room temperature under a dome for 2-4 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
The Best Cake Ever
Yields 1 layer or double the recipe for 2 layers
1/2 cup plant-based milk (coconut, etc)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2/3 cp pure maple syrup
1/3 cup melted and slightly cooled coconut oil
1-1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1-1/3 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
1 tsp maca powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
sprinkle of sea salt
Organic powdered sugar
Organic Vegan Frosting
1. Trace an 8" pan on parchment paper, cut out and lay in the bottom of the pan, then spritz with nonstick spray.
2. Preheat oven to 325F.
3. Whisk coconut milk and apple cider vinegar then sit aside to curdle.
4. After a few minutes, add in all the other wet ingredients, then sift in the dry.
5. Pour into pan and bake for 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack then invert and cool. Serve plain, dusted with organic powdered sugar or with organic vegan frosting (coconut butter whipped with vanilla extract and organic powdered sugar until the desired consistency is reached).
6. Garnish with fresh pesticide-free roses or organic dried rose buds (I buy this big bag and it lasts forever/is very versatile).