Hey runners, plant-based friends and just anyone who wants to check out what I'm up to: I'm excited to announce that I'm the Lead Ambassador for the 2019 Eugene Marathon.
Run with me: Use code MAIAHEM19 for $10 off the half or full. Why should you run the Eugene Marathon (or half) this year? Glad you asked.
1. It's a brand new course! It's still one of the flattest (thereby fastest) but with a new course and exciting finish in Autzen Stadium (GO DUCKS!)
2. Eugene is a running mecca. It's not named "Tracktown" for anything; I've literally high-fived top world record-setting runners while out on a casual jog. (What's up Alan? Hey Galen!)
3. It's a great race weekend. A great expo, free yoga, local running businesses' support: I love it all!
4. Actual run gear you'd wear. Nice quality tech gear rather than instant-shrinking short cotton tees AND with a great marathon logo every time. Yes!
5. The weather WILL be mild. It may be raining (last year it held off until the very end for us slowpokes) but it will always be mild. No freezing cold, no sweltering heat: perfect running weather in the spring. (And it never rains at Autzen Stadium, so you're golden).
And more: Eugene has great coffee, bakeries and restaurants, not to mention hikes, breweries and wineries and is close to the coast and other fun adventure spots not to mention fitness studios, shopping and NO SALES TAX. Out-of-towners: plan a few extra days to make it worth your while!
See my marathon training post here for info and inspo. No excuses, buddy: if this busy-as-heck toddler mom can fit in training, so can you!