Not only do I love St. Patrick's Day but I'm also a huge fan of nutritious green desserts (clearly), and since it's almost that glorious day, it seems like the perfect opportunity to share a dessert that's delicious and green with you!
Even better, I'm not sharing just one, but five of the best ever St. Patrick's Day treats that just happen to be allergen-free.
Here's my collection of my fave green desserts including the recipe for my raw vegan key lime pie recipe!
1. Here's the best green pancake breakfast recipe pretty much ever (and not only because there's vegan chocolate protein frosting involved). Click to see this amazing recipe!
2. Spirulina Nice Cream.
The color of this nutritious "ice cream" is a rich, beautiful green, which means for St. Patrick's Day, it finds itself in almost all my dishes, and it makes a good addition to mint recipes or anything where you want a rich green color but without artificial food dye (yuck).
3. Raw Vegan Key Lime Pie. This recipe yields six mini key lime pies or one large one (you need a deep pie dish). You'll need to plan a little for this recipe (it's not my fastest, but it is truly refreshing, creamy and GOOD).
2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
8 medjool dates
1 cup raw organic sunflower seeds
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
filtered water, as needed
2 ripe organic avocados
3/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1-1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
11 0z full fat coconut milk or coconut cream, chilled
1. Refrigerate the coconut milk overnight.
2. Food-process all of the crust ingredients together, adding just enough water until mixture combines. Press this into the bottom of a pie pan or 6 mini tart or pie pans.
3. Puree the avocados, lime juice, maple syrup, and coconut flour, and process until creamy and thick.
4. Take the coconut milk and pour into a dry, clean bowl. Whisk well with a whisk, or for an easier option, use a hand mixer, whipping until creamy and thick like whipped cream.
5. Whip the avocado mixture into the coconut cream. Divide mixture into dishes on top of crust.
6. Freeze for one hour, then transfer to the refrigerator and chill for 2-3 hours before serving. Store covered in the fridge. It will keep well for 4-5 days
4. Spirulina "twix" Bars. One of the easiest and yummiest recipes ever; like a healthy version of a Twix bar! Make it and serve it with tea. Mmmmm.
5. Spinach Granola Bars.
This recipe is easy, nutritious and a great carry-along snack to work, school or on long workouts.
Want more healthy allergen-free treats and eats? Get my bakery book on Amazon! It's full of vegan, gluten-free, AIP and paleo options to nourish you and satisfy ANY sweet tooth
Have an active, healthy and safe St. Paddy's Day! Sláinte!