These 10 recipes are absolutely perfect for fall. Brew a pot of apple spiced tea, grab that chunky cable-knit blanket and dive into one of these healthy fall desserts. They taste like holiday indulgence but each recipe is trickily healthy for you; so basically these are all the ideal recipes to offset those Halloween candies you just can't resist.
With these delectable options, you can venture outside the familiar pumpkin spice treats and embrace new flavor combinations like apple with chocolate, and pumpkin with coconut. Better yet, indulging in one of these treats won't make you fall off your fall fitness routine. Get your fall workout wardrobe ready and hit the gym or find movement outdoors: go apple picking, find a fall fun run, carve those pumpkins and stay fit and nourished with these tasty recipes.
1. Big Man's World Applesauce Brownies:Paleo, Vegan and Gluten-Free No-Bake Brownies. I recently made my own applesauce from an apple picking adventure, and this was the first recipe I made. It didn't disappoint, and the creamy protein rich frosting was the perfect compliment. Who knew chocolate and apples went together?? Not this girl, but now I'm a true fan.
2. Running Girl Health's Pumpkin Protein Pancakes: Vegan, Nut-Free Gluten-Free stacks of gold. My protein plant-based protein are fluffy, light and filling, so basically what every pancake should be. The mini chocolate chips make them taste like a dessert, as does the protein "frosting". With about 315 calories for the whole recipe including the frosting, and a whopping 26 to 28g of protein, this is a winning breakfast OR dessert.
3. Oh She Glows' Mini Pumpkin Tarts with a Sunflower Cookie Crust: Gluten-Free Nut-Free Vegan Adorable Tarts. These are a combination of a creamy pumpkin pie atop a delicate cookie. Yes please! These mini tart pans with a removable bottom make tart removal a breeze, and you'll avoid a cookie crumble mess.
4. Chocolate Covered Katie's Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars: Gluten-Free Vegan Bars. These are described as a cross between chocolate chip cookies and homemade pumpkin pie by Katie, and she is not wrong. It's an easy recipe that's sure to be an instant favorite. She also offers tons of substitutions to vary the flavor, so if creativity is your jam, try every delicious option!
5. Simple Roots Wellness's Pumpkin Coconut Pudding: Grain-Free Creamy Pudding. If you swap out the butter for coconut oil, then it's also a dairy-free recipe. I definitely recommend making the optional coconut whipped cream to top it; in fact, let's not make that optional at all.
6. Running Girl Health's Pumpkin Brookies:Plant-Based Vegan Bars. Here's another recipe to use up fresh or canned pumpkin puree. Cinnamon spice and pumpkin is the ultimate smell of fall. Remember that apple spiced tea I mentioned earlier? Pair it with this healthy dessert for a wonderful autumn experience!
7. Detoxinista's Vegan Pumpkin Donuts: Gluten-Free Vegan Naturally-Sweetened Donut Deliciousness. As long as you have a donut pan (I recommend silicone donut pans for easy removal and clean up) then this recipe is very easy, and very good.
8. The Big Man's World Cinnamon Shake: Paleo vegan milkshake version of a cinnamon roll. This is another breakfast or dessert option with tons of plant-based protein. My fave go-to protein is plant-based vanilla since it's the most versatile, though any one will do, even a cinnamon roll flavored protein powder! (Yes, it exists). This recipe is also sugar-free and low carb, making it a great choice for athletes or anyone looking to limit their sugar while increasing their protein.
9. The Kitchen Paper's Gingerbread Oat Fudge: Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Spiced Fudge. Gingerbread is another fall favorite, and this is a much healthier take on traditional fat and sugar-laden fudge. The salted gingerbread really brings out the natural sweetness of the molasses, and it's a great party option as it's fast, easy and delicious.
10. Running Girl Health's Apple Ginger Scones: Nut-Free, GF Vegan Perfect Scones. There's something about tart apples and cardamom, and when it's combined into a toasty scrumptious scone, it's perfection.
Happy Autumn and Happy Baking!