These filling flavorful smoothies are a fantastic post-run snack or as a breakfast replacement. They'll power you through any workout and keep you energized throughout your busy morning. Whip up one of these smoothies for a tasty (and pretty!) treat.
1. Watermelon Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Serves 2 🍉🍉🍉🍉 Ingredients: 1 cup diced frozen watermelon 1/2 cup fresh watermelon 1 frozen banana 1/2 fresh banana 1 cup frozen cauliflower rice* 1/4 cup coconut milk
Directions: 1. Puree until smooth and serve in bowls or scooped out watermelon.
2. Top with your favorite toppings: Love Grown sea stars cereal, dried wild blueberries, hemp, and rose petals
* You can make "rice" by food processing cauliflower and freezing it, or a more convenient option is to buy dry cauliflower rice, prepare and freeze it. Having shelf stable cauliflower rice is a huge help!
2. Chocolate Dragonfruit Smoothie Bowl
1 frozen banana
1 handful spinach
1 scoop Orgain Chocolate Protein Protein
2 TBSP dragonfruit
1 TBSP cacao powder
2-4 TBSP coconut or almond milk as needed
*Other yummy toppings would be coconut, chia or hemp seeds! Get creative and customize it to suit your tastes.
**Note: Use white fleshed pitaya like I did or if you can find pink dragonfruit, the color will be even more vibrant!
1. Blend in a food processor (my choice for smoothest texture) or blender and top as desired. Add enough nondairy milk until your desired texture is reached.
2. Serve in scooped-out dragonfruit cut in half or in bowls. (Obvs. the dragonfruit bowl will be way more fun but up to you)
3. Mocha Smoothie Bowl
Ingredients: 1 frozen banana 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk 2 scoops vegan chocolate protein powder 1/4 cup cold brew (or as much as desired) handful ice cubes 1 tsp maca powder sprinkling of cacao nibs
Directions: 1. Blend or puree all ingredients until smooth and serve.
2. Optionally top with extra chocolate protein powder stirred well with water and sprinkle on cacao nibs.
4. Blueberry Basil Layered Smoothie
Blueberry Basil Layer:
3/4 cup frozen wild blueberries
1/2 cup frozen mango
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
2 tablespoons fresh basil, loosely packed
1 tablespoon avocado
1 tablespoon fresh ginger
Blueberries and Cream Layer:
2 frozen bananas
2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
2 tablespoons frozen wild blueberries
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a food processor or high-powered blender, mix all the Blueberry Basil layer ingredients together. Set aside in a glass in the fridge while you make the next layer.
2. Mix all the Blueberries and Cream ingredients together. Add as much coconut milk as needed to achieve your desired thickness.
3. Alternate layers in a tall glass or jar, or in a bowl. Top with a few extra blueberries and fresh basil! Enjoy with a spoon or thick straw.
5. Pomelo Smoothie Bowl
1-1/2 frozen bananas
1/2 cup frozen mango
1/2 cup fresh pomelo
1 tablespoon reserved pomelo juice
1 piece fresh ginger (about 1 tablespoon)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
optional for a sweeter/thicker smoothie:
1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder
1. In a food processor or high-powered blender, puree all ingredients. Add a little more pomelo juice if needed until desired texture is reached.
2. Serve in rind of pomelo as a "bowl" or a regular bowl, and sprinkle with additional cinnamon and freshly grated pomelo rind.