5 AMAZING Ginger Recipes
Adding ginger to your diet is KEY. It's full of anti-oxidants and is anti-inflammatory, and has been liked to numerous health benefits (1). It helps nausea, is anti-fungal could help prevent the formation of ulcers (2) and may be effective in blocking cancer growth (3) plus a bunch more benefits. It's also quite yummy and refreshing!
Here are my top 5 ginger recipes that are all amazing, energizing and pretty dang tasty.
1. Fresh Ginger Cookies. These little treats are quick and easy and the perfect texture, which is hard to do with a ginger cookie, especially when it's gluten-free!
5. This Paleo Ginger Zucchini Bread is another one of my recipes that I adore. Again the texture is fantastic and it's filling but not too heavy. Read below for the recipe!
Paleo Ginger Zucchini Bread
1 cup zucchini, grated
4 eggs or vegan egg replacement
2.5 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp oil (avocado or coconut, melted)
1/2 cup coconut flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ginger
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3-4 tbsp organic crystallized ginger, chopped
This one's the best! Dice it up fine and add it to almost any treat for an extra kick and healthy boost.
1. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper (I use this natural nonstick culinary parchment paper).
2. Whisk eggs or egg replacement, maple, oil and vanilla.
3. Stir in dry ingredients, and fold in zucchini.
4. Stir in ginger last. I like to run the ginger under warm water to soften it and remove any extra sugar, then finely dice.
5. Pour into pan and bake for 36-48 min (really depends on your oven temperature; check after 35 minutes and you'll known it's done when a toothpick comes out clean). Let cool, and slice.