After a long morning of sand box play and park time, we all needed a yummy treat. I whipped up this smoothie bowl while my mom played with the girls on the deck (thanks mom!) and I'm glad I noted the measurements because it turned out really good. Blair especially loved her "ice cream" and it kept them happy, which is always a win before nap time!
Chocolate Veggie Smoothie Bowl
2 small frozen bananas
1 big handful spinach
2 TBSP cacao powder
2 scoops Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder*
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flour
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
unsweetened reduced fat shredded coconut
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
2. Top with anything of your choice, like unsweetened coconut, and evo hemp crunch healthy snack (a new exciting find!)
*I used this one to get my fave texture and taste!
Speaking of playing hard this a.m., here are my
TOP 5 TOT-FRIENDLY TO-DO's to ensure kids get tons of stimulation, and a change to get their energy out!
1. Parks (duh.) Find gated ones or ones far from a road and toddler-friendly especially if you have more than one kid.
2. Library Storytimes: Almost all libraries have baby and toddler storytimes, and they often involve music and fun activities
3. Cafes with play areas or play rooms: Hard to find, but in Oregon I've been lucky to find some awesome cafes that have family-friendly play areas. LOVE!! (We parents can get our coffee fix while kids tire themselves out!)
4. Mini Hikes: find trails or buttes near you to hike or wander. In Eugene, my toddlers love exploring Mt. Pisgah, Skinner's Butte, Spencer's Butte and other scenic forest-y places to see tons of plants and animals
5. Children's Museum: Again most cities have a kid-friendly museum or specific children's museum. Fun way to spend a rainy afternoon!
On rainy days at home, here are my 2 year old's fave toys:
1. Huge Floor Puzzles: They LOVE these, and we can spend a ton of time taking them apart and redoing them.
2. Coloring Activity Books: Coloring books with stickers in their fave characters are the best. Peppa Pig and Frozen are popular in this house!
3. Magna Tab Activity Board: Great for trips and keeping busy minds focused!
4. Water Pen Coloring Pad: A mess-free way to color (they love regular markers but this one will only show color on the pad, woohoo!) It's another fantastic trip/airplane activity.