S'more Vegan Goodness
Do these look familiar? I'm updating this post with extra photos of my luscious Vegan S'more cups; you're very welcome. Prepare to drool.
These are vegan, no-bake, gluten-free s'more cups. And can I say, they are absolutely divine. If you want an even more chocolate-ly rich treat, melt more vegan chocolate (or make your own) and fill the cups with the melted goodness. I was working with a limited quantity of nondairy chocolate chips; thus my s'more cups are more like shallow s'more dishes, but you have my approval to really get that chocolate layer thick.
You'll need paper cupcake liners for this recipe or silicone muffin or cupcake molds (this is a way easier and cleaner way to prepare this, and they come out a lot easier).
Vegan S'more Cups
Maiah's marshmallow cookies (recipe below) OR vegan marshmallows (the only ones I could find at the store near me were full of soy)
Maiah's Marshmallow "Cookies":
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2.5 teaspoons pure maple syrup
1/2 teapsoon vanilla extract
dash sea salt
1. In a food processor, blend the cookie ingredients together then chill in the freezer.
2. Line a muffin tin with 6 (or more) paper liners.
3. Melt nondairy chocolate chips (about 1/2 cup) with about 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in the microwave (stir after every 30 seconds until smooth and fully melted).
4. Pour a large dollop of chocolate into each paper cup, and place a broken off piece of graham cracker atop the melted chocolate. Cover the cracker with more chocolate and freeze for 5 minutes.
5. Dice your raw cookie dough, place the cookie pieces on your s'more cups, top with more melted chocolate and crumble graham crackers on the very top. Keep chilled in the freezer until ready to eat! Then carefully peel off the paper liners. The more chocolate, the higher the "walls" of your s'more cup. Otherwise it looks like how I did it, with a meager amount of chocolate resulting in what I think it called a "turtle" cookie or chocolate treat. Don't quote me on that, though. Regardless, it is amazing and better than any cupcake in my opinion!